Pathology Operations Manager - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Pathology Operations Manager
Reporting into Managing Director/Chief Scientific Officer, the Pathology Laboratory Operations Manager is responsible for organising, managing and developing the pathology service for Viva Health Laboratories.
Liaising with key stakeholders including the quality lead, operational leads and managing director to ensure delivery of a compliant, efficient and cost effective service.
Development of pathology service
- Onboarding new pathology laboratory(s) in the south east of England. Maintaining oversight and ensuring adherence to project deadlines, delivering on time and within budget.
- Liaising with the commercial team to ensure smooth delivery and service agreements are abided by.
Managing pathology service
- Recruiting, managing and developing a team of scientists for provision of the pathology laboratory service.
- Ensuring adequate equipment available to maintain required testing capacity, that equipment is well maintained, serviced and operational.
- Establish and maintain key operational processes in line with service requirements.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director/Chief Scientific Officer.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience across an array of pathology disciplines including biochemistry, haematology, immunology and molecular diagnostics.
- 10 years experience in a pathology/clinical laboratory.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a pathology laboratory.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing a new pathology service.
- Experience of working within a performance driven culture while maintaining strong quality standards.
- Super organised: used to juggling multiple projects with different priorities and working to short deadlines
- Strong attention to detail: our team rely on us to ensure projects run perfectly
- Tech savvy: confident using MS Office
- Have a growth mindsight: we’re growing fast, and you’ll be expected to offer ideas where processes can be improved and drive your own personal development
- Excellent verbal and written skills: you should be able to draft clear, concise communications, adapting tone & style as appropriate
For a full job description or to submit your CV, contact email@example.com